Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 72 ... My feet hurt

So after I wrote Monday, I found out the 5k at work was on Wednesday.  I prepared myself for it, and was sure to do better this time.  I got up got everything ready to bring to work, only when arriving to work I realized I had forgotten my shoes. 

Knowing a lot of runners and having ran a lot before myself, I decided I can just run barefoot.  I have done it before, and lots of people do it.  I just haven't done it recently.

The run started off great, but about 15 min in, I could feel the blisters starting to form. The ground was warm, but there was plenty of grass to run on most of the time.  It didn't help too much.  I ended up walking more than I wanted to, but still finished at 36 min.  It was only after the fact that I learned it wasn't actually a 5k but 3.8 miles instead of 3.1, which makes me feel better about my time.

Needless to say, I am now dealing with the blisters as I used to.  They do hurt, but I have had worse and this pain shall pass and all will be back to normal.  It will just help me be a better runner and I can say I ran almost 4 miles barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment