Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 38....

So, this morning was a bit different.  I knew my distance I was running.  My lovely wife decided the other day to go back through a path that we walked to see exactly how far it was that we walked.  When she told me the distances, it gave me some sort of indication as to how fast I was currently running.  I admit after running that 5k so slow the other day I was a little disappointed.  However, this morning when I ran the two mile stretch in under 15 min, I was relatively pleased.  Sure its not near the time I used to run, but none-the-less it is a time I can be pleased with.

Now that I know this, I can better plan various routes and try to work up to running 3 to 5 miles in the mornings.  2 miles is nothing now, it was a little rough at parts because the whole middle part is up and down hills, but I have strength to run farther.

So...I didn't run my 20 min like I had planned on Monday, but I will on Friday for sure.  The hardest part is making sure I get my butt out of bed so that I have plenty of time to actually run what I want to and not feel like it is going to put me behind the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment