Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 1...Heart Rate Monitor

So, though my work I was able to get a Heart Rate Monitor that I am going to try to start using.  My job offers a few incentives to live a healthy active lifestyle and using a Heart Rate Monitor is one way to show that I am at least trying.

When I use the monitor I have to keep my heart rate at atleast 60% of my max heart rate for 30 minutes.  I don't know if it is accurate or not, but it says my resting rate is 90 which means my target heart rate is 131.  It wasn't heard to do, just took some getting use to and was a motivation to keep moving.  Its nice being able to actually track how hard my workouts were.  The scarey part is that according to a lot of charts, I was pretty close to my max heart rate for a while. 

Anyway, once I figure out how the whole thing works maybe I can post some of the stats on here and can track how it is working. 

In case you are wondering, here is the new monitor. 




No comments:

Post a Comment