Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 17: Rain and Giving Blood

This morning was an interesting run to say they least.   I set my alarms (yes there are 2 of them) to get up this morning and one of them didn't go off so I woke up late.  I felt good, so I was thinking today was going to be a good run.  Then I stepped outside....it was raining.  Not that big of a deal, I used to run in the rain all the time.  It felt good other than the fact that I gave blood yesterday.  I started thinking in the middle of my run that my HS coach used to tell the runners that were old enough to donate not to because it would affect their workouts and races. 

Needless to say, I found out what she meant.  The run was harder than I expected for sure.  I ended up running for 10 min, walking for 2 min, running for 1 min, and then walking for 5.  Not a huge success in the mental side of things, but after doing some research I learned that it can take you 2 to 4 weeks to recover after giving blood.  I didn't realize it would take that long.

I guess we will see what happens on Friday.  Guess I had better start chugging the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment