Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 19: A week of rain

So...it has pretty much been raining all week.  At least in the mornings when I need to run.  Needless to say, I still got up and put in my time.  Today I got up and did a 10 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 2 min walk.  I consider it a success after I know my body is still dealing with not being able to transport oxygen like it should do to giving blood on Tuesday. 

On another note, I have scheduled my first 5k.  April 4, 2012, my place of employment is hosting a 5k run/walk for all of the employees to try and raise some funds for the Ronald McDonald house.  They are even going to do at the end of the day so we get out of work to do it.  Not a bad trade I guess, plus I get my first 5k out of the way with very little pressure or push for a great time.  Should be a challenging course as the last half mile is up hill.  I guess its a good thing that my morning run consists of several hills.  Hopefully I will up to running 15 min at time by then...I could always push the last little bit and make it I think.

Anyway, I can still feel the effects of the blood donation, but overall it was a great run today and I feel good.  First time going to work all week and not really needing a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment